Six Michigan Tech Alumni – Jacquie, Dan, Kate, Kris, Curtis, & I – Backpacked Isle Royale National Park for 5 day and 4 nights in late May / early June, entering via the Isle Royale Queen which took us from Copper Harbor, MI to Rock Harbor on the island. Before leaving the island we totaled the mileage on the topomap and concluded that our trip, to Chippewa Harbor and up the Greenstone Ridge end up being just over 40 miles in length. Kate’s first backpacking trip was not for wimps!
For details on trail conditions, campsite destination descriptions, fire ring availability, and lots of pictures check out the blog post detailing each day:
- Rock Harbor to Daisy Farm
- Daisy Farm to Chippewa Harbor
- Chippewa Harbor to Moskey Basin
- Moskey Basin to 3 Mile Camp Via the Greenstone Ridge
- 3 Mile Camp to Rock Harbor via Tobin Harbor